I got my 40-year-old self out of bed and ran those 26.2 miles with a smile on my face.
While we have to hit the road immediately, I will leave you with a few thoughts:
- The race should be re-named the Team in Training Walk-a-thon
- Using school buses parked on a side street as gear check is not a good idea
- Hills are hard to climb
- I am tired
- My recovery is going well
- Running with mostly women is not all it’s cracked up to be
- I saw Kara Goucher, Shalane Flanagan, Jane Benoit Samuelson and Shannon Rowbury (I have pics)
Unofficial finish time: 3:42. I am proud of that, because I didn’t put my head down and obsess over my mile splits.
I spent so much time weaving around walkers that I gave up on running fast and just enjoyed the views. (Believe me, at first I was grunting and squeezing my hands into balls I was so frustrated, but I thought, “that’s not a nice way to run,” and I let it go.)
More later. Obviously.
Now for a beer.