Vicki from Fit Mum nominated me for a Liebster award back in November; unfortunately it was around the time MFP lost his job.
Since we are just now starting to feel like ourselves again after such a harrowing experience, I decided to finally write my “acceptance” speech as a sort of indicator that things are again looking up and that being silly with random facts finally feels “right” again.
Here’s what this entails:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I was painfully shy in elementary school.
2. I played softball, basketball, and basketball as a kid but never soccer.
3. My first long distance race was the 800 in 8th grade, but I hated it. I preferred the 200 and relays.
4. I stopped eating meat when I was 17.
5. I still talk to two of my friends from 7th grade at least once a month.
6. My first real job after college was as a radio news journalist in Aspen, Colorado.
7. I worked in High Tech public relations before Oldest was born.
8. I love dark chocolate but hate milk chocolate.
9. I don’t like playing games because I am super-competitive, which makes them stressful.
10. I would read all day long if I could.
11. I absolutely could not function in the morning without coffee.
Vicki’s questions for me:
1. The sport I most love playing ( or watching ) and why? I love running because it makes me a better person.
2. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? After long runs I often eat candy sprinkled with salt because it makes me feel better.
3. One bad habit I have is … I tend to talk like a sailor when things are out of control.
4. What item won’t you leave the house without? Water. I get really thirsty.
5. When I was young I used to collect … Match Box cars. (I was sort of a tomboy.)
6. I’d be happy if I never had to [ .... ] again! Give birth!
7. One thing I have enjoyed today and why? Talking with my kids. Everyone is in a really good mood today and I am enjoying it.
8. One person that inspires me and why? I am inspired by all women who hold powerful positions in male-dominated fields, because demanding that kind of respect is very difficult. (Marissa Mayer comes to mind.)
9. What is your favourite guilty pleasure? Pizza and red wine (together.)
10. What is the last thing that you do before your turn the light off at night? Drop my book on the floor beside my bed.
11. If you had one super power, what would it be and why? I would save children from abuse and neglect. Sounds cheesy, but I get really worked up about that sort of thing.
My 11 questions for you:
1. What is your middle name?
2. What thought keeps you up at night?
3. What is your all-time favorite TV show?
4. What is your favorite book and why?
5. Would you rather eat a cozy meal at home or go out?
6. Do you like to shop or do you prefer to buy online?
7. Which form of social media do you use the most? Why?
8. Do you have any unusual irrational fears?
9. High heels or flats?
10. Would you rather meet someone for coffee or have a long phone conversation? Why?
11. What is your favorite vacation spot?
My nominees are:
(I have many others I would love to include, so consider yourself lucky if I let you off the hook! In fact, if you read here and have a blog, consider yourself Liebstered as well!)